EVENT SPECIALIST LEAD
We are looking for a dynamic sales lead to inspire our demonstrator team to thrive in the field! Our full-time Event Specialist Lead job gives an outstanding candidate the opportunity to work with new people and help the team educate consumers, increase sales and boost brand awareness. As an Event Specialist Lead, you will be expected to create a memorable experience for consumers and lead by example to promote consumer engagement during in-store demonstrations. Take this amazing opportunity to join Advantage Solutions where you become part of a company that offers competitive pay rates and gives you the chance to grow in your career.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
A Lead Event Specialist generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotions. The Lead Event Specialist is responsible for reading all program materials, set up and breakdown of their working area, preparing and sampling products on scheduled event days.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 ¼ hours (or as otherwise designated by management)
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
Perform administrative work
Lead Responsibilities when expressly assigned/requested by Manager
Arrive one hour prior to event
Locate and prepare event kits
Move carts out onto the floor
Conduct team huddle prior to start of events to include discussion of day’s activities and management requests
Assist with covering breaks for other ES.
Ensuring demos execute as scheduled
Print price tags
Assist in keeping the demo area clean and sanitized.
Assist in the set up and merchandising of Video Cart demos
Serve as point of contact for store management
Communicate operational matters to Manager or Field Engagement Trainer as needed (e.g., no-shows, successes, opportunities for improvement)
Additional supporting activities not included in the standard ES job description.
Conduct higher level product demos
May actively participate in interviews (but not responsible for hiring decisions or recommendations)
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Reading comprehension
• Active listening
• Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
• Time management
• Detail orientation
• Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Positive demeanor
• Sales orientation
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
• Knowledge of ASM demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
• Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
• Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
• Ability to move to locate products and supplies
• Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
• Execute demonstrations on scheduled date and time (subject to any schedule adjustments necessary to properly complete set up and break down or as otherwise modified by ASM management)
• Stand for up to 6 hours (other than legally required breaks/meal periods) and actively move around store up to a distance of about ½ mile to obtain, set up, and clean up demonstration cart and related equipment/materials; obtain product from shelves; conduct demonstration event
• May need to pass online Food Safety certification (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
• Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification; video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience
• Reliable access to a computer and a phone on a daily basis
• Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
• Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.