Full Time Event Specialist Lead
We are looking for a dynamic Full Time Event Specialist Lead to inspire our demonstrator team to thrive in the field! Our Event Specialist Lead works with new people and helps the team educate consumers, increase sales and boost brand awareness. As an Event Specialist Lead, you will be expected to create a memorable experience for consumers and lead by example to promote consumer engagement during in-store demonstrations.
Join the best in the business, APPLY TODAY!
What we offer:
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Consistent with the role of an Event Specialist (ES), the Lead Event Specialist generates excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting event demonstrations; and is responsible for physically preparing, maintaining, and cleaning the demonstration area (including physically assembling and otherwise setting up and later breaking down the demonstration cart); actively marketing the product being demonstrated by physically approaching nearby shoppers to gain their attention and interest; preparing (e.g., cooking) and providing food or beverage samples or otherwise demonstrating the product to those shoppers who are successfully drawn in; and reading program materials as assigned to be able to conduct informed product-related discussions with consumers.
The Lead Event Specialist’s Lead Responsibilities will include assisting the Club Supervisor, District Manager, or Market Manager (collectively, “Manager”) with additional tasks pertaining to event operations such as providing breaks for other ES’s, ensuring demos execute as scheduled, and any other activities deemed to be outside the standard ES job description and as expressly assigned/requested by the Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 ¼ hours (or as otherwise designated by management)
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
Perform administrative work
Lead Responsibilities when expressly assigned/requested by Manager
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Reading comprehension
• Active listening
• Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
• Time management
• Detail orientation
• Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Positive demeanor
• Sales orientation
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
• Knowledge of company demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
• Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
• Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
• Ability to move to locate products and supplies
• Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
• Execute demonstrations on scheduled date and time (subject to any schedule adjustments necessary to properly complete set up and break down or as otherwise modified by management)
• Stand for up to 6 hours (other than legally required breaks/meal periods) and actively move around store up to a distance of about ½ mile to obtain, set up, and clean up demonstration cart and related equipment/materials; obtain product from shelves; conduct demonstration event
• May need to pass online Food Safety certification (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
• Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification; video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience
• Reliable access to a computer and a phone on a daily basis
• Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.